Friday, September 13, 2013

Teacher Kristina's First Blog :)

Hi Blue Room Family and Friends,

For those of you I have not met, I am Teacher Kristina and I am the new head teacher in the Blue Room. I am very excited to be part of the teaching staff at Creative Minds CDC! I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to get to know your children and work alongside Teacher Romina and Teacher Karen.

The highlight of our week was the soccer and baseball demo by Coach Zachary on Tuesday! Since then, we have talked a lot about sports and read a couple of books about soccer.


Coach Z asked "Who is excited?" Everyone shouted, "Meeeeee!!!!!"


We warmed up as a team and practiced jumping jacks.








We all had big kicks and scored a goal! We cheered each other on and really enjoyed playing soccer!


Learning our baseball ready stance.





We picked up our ball, put it to our ear, stepped over the cone, pointed and threw.


We all thought Coach Z was hilarious!! We laughed and had a great time learning to kick and throw a ball.

Our PreK program is off to a great start. This week Teacher Karen measured and weighed everyone so that we can see how we grow over the course of the year. They also drew self-portraits.





The children were asking questions like "What color are my eyes?," "What color am I wearing?" S. was very proud of her drawing!

It has been a very informative two weeks for me! I'm having fun learning the ropes and the children often point me in the right direction when trying to find something. ;) I have been figuring out a schedule that works well for our classroom, getting to know all of your children and helping our new students feel comfortable in their new environment as well. We are finishing up marble runs and are starting to dive into learning "all about me" and each other. It is wonderful to see your children showing their friends their family pictures and explaining who is who to them.

Once we have our ducks in a row I will be preparing a calendar for the month of October with a letter of the week, highlighted events and information for the month. We will also continue to do sharing every Wednesday. Please for September sharing have your child bring something that will help the children learn more about each other. (Not just toys)

Our friend S. brought a puzzle of the United States of America yesterday for sharing and we worked on it throughout the day. It was a difficult puzzle with 60 pieces but we worked very hard as a team and did it!














Yay! Thumbs up we finished!!! Awesome job friends!!

Thank you all for being patient with me, I really appreciate it!

Cheers to an awesome year.

Teacher Kristina