Monday, September 15, 2014

Light and Shadows

Hello Blue Room Families and Friends,

It has been an awesome summer and thank you all for being so supportive when I left to go on my trip. Thank you to Teacher Brooke for filling in for me and to Teacher Thaovy also! The children had a great time and explored and learned a lot about light, shadows, and reflections too. Here are some things that happened in August while I was on my trip.


G exploring foil - making a boat


M making a foil masterpiece.


L making a silver man


Wow, look at our shadows - the children were very excited to see how big they looked.


A checking out her shadow.


I putting different colored magnetiles in front of the light to see what would happen.


It showed up red.


N and M coloring with chalk


Practicing our names to write on our cubbies.


M and P building with magna-formers on the light table.


The children painted a frame around the foil and then poked holes in the foil with tacs. The children used flashlights to see if the light would shine through the tiny holes.


L and M making lanterns


A couple months ago the children started to show interest in candles after a couple of their friends in the class went to a candle making place called Glow in downtown Willow Glen. The children picked a couple different colors and all the things they would need to make candles of their own.


I helping the wax melt.


Time to fill the candles. The children were very excited to show me their candles when I came back and they also had made me one. I was very excited!

We said goodbye to the rest of our friends going to Kindergarten and TK. And we also have welcomed two new faces J and T.

Hugs,

Teacher Kristina