Thursday, December 19, 2013

J's 5th Birthday and Letter W

We started last week celebrating our friend J's 5th Birthday!


He was so excited about his "I am 5" shirt! J is our second friend in our class to turn 5 and the first to lose a tooth!


Thank you to J and his mom for bringing cupcakes to share.


Making a wish!


Time to dig in! Happy Birthday J we are so lucky to have you as a part of our class. Your laugh is amazing and you are such a great friend to everyone. I love to watch you build Legos and blocks and I'm always in awe of what you create.


During gymnastics we "W"alked on the balance beams for "W" week.


Collaging our letter "W" with "W"orms, "W"agons, and "W"inter scenes. During circle time we sung a song called "Willoughby Walloughby", which is a funny song about rhyming names. The kids thought it was HILARIOUS!


E and J drawing in their journals.


It is always a good challenge and so neat to see our class using awesome team work while making a puzzle.


Our Christmas tree needed more so we decided to add lights.


Pom poms of course. The girls realized the Pom poms stuck better to the trunk than the branches. Our beautiful tree slightly resembles Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. :)


Making spaghetti, glue, glitter ornaments.


S making a house for her penguin out of many different things: feathers, pom poms, marker caps, little blocks, and jewels.


Making "W"affles! E using the whisk to stir in the eggs.


Enjoying our yummy "W"affles outside. Everyone loved the waffles so much that they were eating them faster than we could hand them out.


Yay it's "W"inter time! In the Blue Room we have been talking a lot about the snow and so I decided to bring in my snowboard, boots, helmet, mittens, and goggles to share. We went over to the Purple Room to show them as well.


Teaching L how to strap his boot in the binding.


K and P packing their bag -- ready to hit the slopes!


Here they go!! Knees bent and arms out for balance.


J's legs could barely reach both boots.


One boot for J, one boot for E, and a free ride for I.


You should always wear a helmet for safety, even if it is backwards! ;) S wearing my mittens too.

It was really special for me to share one of my favorite things to do with my class. I didn't really realize how big I am compared to my class until my kiddos could slide their feet in my boots while they were tight and my boots went all the way up to their knees. I pushed them back and forth on the carpet and we even pretended to go off of jumps. It was a very fun Friday!

Hugs,

Teacher Kristina